First Solo Today!

Even in my on the ramp selfie, the right seat still looks wierd empty!! I honestly thought my CFI was cutting our lesson short when he said to taxi to the ramp after my second landing. I was shocked when he asked “ready to try it alone?” But 3 take offs, 1 perfect landing and 2 mediocre ones later... I still can’t quit smiling!

Jeff B. Montana

Comments

• And it's the best of days for Jeff Montana! We're all very proud of your accomplishment and thanks for posting the pic. Did your instructor cut the back of your shirt out and hang it on the wall? And a hearty congrats from the Piper Owner Society!!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks Scott. No cutting of the shirt since I had to get right back to work. We’ve had a lot of high winds here lately and today was the first calm day in a while. I shouldn’t have even left my business long enough to go, but hey... you gotta do what you gotta do right??

It was amazing though and a complete surprise. Now I cant wait to continue this journey.

Jeff B. Montana

• Nice job, Amigo! Stay on our forum and let us know how you're doing from time to time. It's a great journey and we enjoy being part of it! :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Congratulations. Huge milestone in life.

Paul

1963 Cherokee 180 B.

• Congrats!

Jim

• Congratulations

• Congratulations on your solo.