New member, new owner.

I purchased my first airplane, 3 months ago in April, after completing my VFR PPL a year before and after shelving 25 hrs of training 14 years earlier. With this accomplishment I was now bound and determined that it was time to own a airplane! It took persistence with my wife of 33 years but she finally succumbed to my incessant justifications of why it was necessary! I'm an automotive mechanic & shop owner and love fixing things up and this 1969 PA-28-180D I purchased with 3500 TTAF & 1500 SMOH has all the avionics I was looking for and just needs a little TLC. I'm based in Asheboro, NC, KHBI and live 45 minutes away in Greensboro.

Comments

• Wunderbar! I'm so pleased for you! If you get a chance, post some interior pics, too.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Nice plane, and welcome to the group! Looks clean!

• I kept my airplane at Twin Lakes airport when I lived there. A lot of neat places to fly there. Nice looking airplane. Enjoy!Austin

• Congratulations on both obtaining your PSEL and the recent purchase, a good choice and pretty appearance. I note that you are an automotive mechanic and like fixing things. Be sure to read part 43 to see what you can legally do to your new ride.

http://www.faa-aircraft-certification.com/far-43.html