Co-pilot panic and other distractions

Many years ago, before I was instrument rated, I needed to go from Norman, OK to Fairview, OK. This was to be a quick up and back trip. The first problem was the weather, which was decidedly IMC. I got an instructor from my old flight school to go as the instrument rated crew member. This was a typical March thunderstorm day, but do-able. The bases were relatively high running 4000 to 5000 feet along the flight path.
The CFII did all of the tasks which were foreign to me. We were cleared for takeoff and I flew the airplane and he worked the radios. (I wanted the IMC experience) We went into the clouds and I was exhilarated. As the trip progressed the clouds were plastered against the windows. No visual of either prop or wing. I was being elevatored by the up and down drafts but not violently. The CFII kept stating hold altitude, I was concentrating on holding attitude. We were given a climb from 6 to 8000. CFII said he wanted to see if it was smoother, it wasn't. I could hear radio traffic of other aircraft in our vicinity who were in the clear at 4000. As we approached Fairview, the CFII stated that he wanted the airplane for the approach. I turned over control and we continued to be elevatored, I suggested that he hold altitude. (Just had to do it.) We started our descent and popped out at 4K, he did okay on a visual into Fairview.

We were on the ground about 45 minutes. I watched the boomers moving around us. Clearing in some directions building in others. We took off and headed due South. Got the plane washed and he started to not look well. I got the plane washed several times when I was flying in Hawaii and other than the racket it was no big deal, nor was this washing. He decided to abort the flight and again took control. We landed at Watonga, OK. Watonga has a runway and a small building with a phone. This was not where I wanted to spend the night. He finally realized this was not a place he wanted to spend the night. We got a new clearance and took off, night was now approaching. We turned SW. After being on this course for several minutes, I inquired why we were not headed toward home. He explained we were going down to pickup a Victor airway some 60 miles away. I strongly suggested that he ask Center for direct OKC as we had that on the VOR. After some debate, he relented. FTW Center cleared us direct OKC immediately. We are now in IMC at night. I was again doing the flying and trying to recognized some landmark through the broken undercast. I thought I knew exactly where I was and it was confirmed crossing a familiar spot in El Reno, OK. We continued East and transfered to Oke City Approach. Suddenly we broke out into clear air with a good 15 mile visibility. OKC requested we advise when we had visual on Will Rogers. He said nothing. I finally told him to tell them. He said, "Where?" I responded, "Under the right wing." Finally we were over downtown Okla. City. I suggested he tell approach we had Norman in sight and request the turn. He refused. I took over the radio and got an immediate turn and fly on course.
Now the race began. I could see a large Tstorm SW of OUN and the question was who would get there first. I was edging out the storm and getting ready to land. Handed off to tower and made contact. It was 1958 and tower closed at 2000 hrs. The controller on duty advised he would keep the tower open until we got in. Thanks Dave, I have always appreciated that. I was about to pattern altitude airport in sight, when the CFII decided we were too low and we climbed 1500 feet, no positive exchange of control. Recovering the aircraft, I lost that altitude and then proceeded to get down to where we should be on the pattern and turn base. I could see we were going to be about 5 or so minutes ahead of the cell and would be okay. I saw the lights on the surface of the runway telling me it was still rain soaked from the last shower. I decided a nice stable approach with minimal airspeed at touchdown was best. We had plenty of runway and this plane would slow quickly on its own without braking. Beautiful plan. We crossed the threshhold. Everything looking perfect. Suddenly the nose pitched up abruptly. The CFII, is yelling "I didn't come this far to die now." The plane stalled and we hit hard on the runway and bounced with the nose still coming up. I shoved the yoke forward hard enough to break his grip and got out of the stall. We hit again with a slight bounce but controllable. Finally I got it permanently on the ground and gently on the toe brakes. We were off the runway at the last ramp. I was furious, not to mention adrenalin filled, and began to chew this guy's derriere with every choice term I learned during my Air Force career. I remember telling him, "If you ever jerk another airplane out of my hands, I will throw your ss out, I don't care where we are." I never flew with him again.
I found out that he had a string of students who flunked their check rides, and the DPE (a crusty old WWII P-47 pilot, who scared the bejezus out of everyone, but passed me on my ride) sent for him about his inability to properly train these students. He was later fired by the FBO. I had never (and have not since) had to deal with a panicked co-pilot, Thunderstorms and a slick wet runway all at the same time. But once was more than enough.