Can’t find a part

I’ve been slowly restoring my ‘79 warrior over the last couple years. This summer it was time for a new interior. Unfortunately when we gutted the interior we found corrosion in the baggage area. Most of it is pretty straightforward, but there is one part I can’t seem to find. Aviall is saying at least 68 days before they might have it in stock. I’ve tried controller parts, western aircraft, etc but no luck.
I’m hoping someone here might have a suggestion or two on where I can look for part number 62531-00
Thanks

Comments

• Here is a shot of the part needed

• Have you tried piper?
    Austin

• I did. they were also quoting about 2 months to ship.
  • Try Intermountian air in Salt Lake city

• Wentworth? ... When I had corrosion in my Seneca under the back seat it was very scary. I'm really glad you're dealing with this head on and getting it taken care of.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I managed to find a solution for the part I was looking for. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. My corrosion wasn't as bad as the pictures Scott posted, but it would have been soon. What makes it especially scary is that it was in a place that's not easy to inspect. Best guess is that the back window was leaking for a while and the water wasn't able to drain fast enough.
  • Same problem in my Seneca... I'm really glad you found it.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!