It's amazing what a coat of paint will do (before/after)

Comments

• The red stripes definitely help :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• OK, here's the real before/after.

This is before.

This is after. The process was not as easy as it looks, but the results speak for themselves.

• The before image shows a beautiful airplane. The after image shows a stunning airplane :) We're all jealous.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Thank you Scott. I've owned that little bird for 21+ years and have put the best of everything into it. My Warrior may not be the fastest nor the sexiest plane on the ramp, but it fits my mission and it's 3 to 4 times faster than driving. Great little business plane.

• I beg to differ, lol. Your plane is definitely the sexiest on the ramp! :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Nice! I agree about the Warrior. Have mine for 19 years and counting. Fits my mission. Did you get new windows too? They look much clearer than the old set.

• Who painted it and what did it cost?

• Marcoleon; I pretty much rebuilt the entire airplane in 2009 including a new engine, new interior, engine controls, upholstery, trim, electrical, carpet, headliner, etc. During that time, the IA and I also replaced both windshields. All the other windows were removed and buffed until they looked like new.

• edited October 26

Reyobs1950; The shop went bankrupt during the project and no longer exists. The story becomes a daymare at this point, so I'll save everyone the agony of reading through it, and fast forward to the end. The work they did was good, but the job was never completed. My IA and I finished the work (I used to paint, so no fear). My father and I buffed and ceramic coated the entire airplane, and I take meticulous care of it. In the Midwest, a paint job similar to mine on a Cherokee/Warrior is currently between $15K and $18K.