Wing-type Dzus Fastener 1966 PA28-180

Cleaning the underbelly the other day, I noticed one of the 4 Dzus Fasteners that connects the lower cowl to the plate in the engine compartment is missing. I've checked the parts catalog that I have (page 3C12) and, as far as I can tell, it doesn't even show, or list, these 4 fasteners. Looked online and can't find any like this. Anyone with info on a part number and/or a location to get these types of dzus fasteners?

Dzus.jpg 128.7K

Comments

• edited October 2020

Hi, look at another of the remaining fasteners and get the number off the head. Then look it up on Aircraft Spruce and order a few. One other thing. If they're not Dzus then they're Camloc's. One or the other and Aircraft Spruce has them all.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Thanks, Scott. The one in the pic was 1 of the other 3 I pulled to try to match it. Unfortunately, no number on the head. Looked thru Aircraft Spruce (and a couple other places) and couldn't find any to match. May have to experiment.

• By the way - it is Camloc now that I look at those. Dzus from the old mil aviation days. :-}

• OK, good luck :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• My 1980 Archer II uses a slot head Southco fastener on the wheel fairings. You may search that brand for your type of fastener.