1976 Arrow II Seat Question

Hello all. I am doing a Airtex interior for my 1976 Arrow II PA28R-200. After speaking to them and sending photos I was told that my rear seats are missing the head rests. I had no clue there were head rests for this model. The said they will provide the material and I can fabricate some. Can anyone advise? Are there really head rest for my model?

Comments

• I put headrests on the front seat of my Warrior. Most Cherokee seats are already predrilled for headrests. It is best to do these along with an interior restoration or shortly thereafter. See my tips which discusses how to do it.

• Yes, I've just been through this, not to worry. You only need a flat sheet of aluminum and a (approx) 1/4" aluminum tube and a couple of rivets. Airtex's online help info for headrests tells how to make one. Don't stress over this, it's relatively easy! Here is my before and after pics

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Spectacular. Kent that is a valuable document. I really appreciate it. Set me at ease for sure Scott.
  • Good, and if you get in trouble, I'm always here.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Kingni, Have you ordered your interior yet? I also have a 76 Arrow II that I purchased Airtex seats for, including the headrests. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong color. After waiting 15 weeks, when the product arrived I found out I'd ordered wrong. Now I have a set of seats still in the box. The ones I have are Duratrim DT-77 Barley Vinyl. If you have any interest it could save you time and money.

• Mwschoen, I just received my samples. Haven't decided on a color yet. Thats my better halfs department. I will let you know. Im 90 percent certain thought were leaning towards leather though.
  • Kingni, These are the imitation leather. Airtex calls that Duratrim. Have you ordered the samples from Airtex?

• Yes, I have the samples and have been educated greatly by Dodd from Airtex.
  • Dodd is A+. Good work consulting him.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Are those headrests really useable? they look like they'd make you lean your head too far back.

'74 Archer- New Owner, Student

• Hi, my opinion is that they will prevent you from getting whiplash on impact and that's about it. But they look great! :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!