Seneca 2 interior

Comments

• Wow - what a difference! What was the hardest part? What would you do different next time?

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• Thanks. Hardest part was finding time. Really it went well and only cost about 5 k I think. 4 on seats and I think around 1 on carpet. Good interior plastic dye helped a lot. Really that went well too. I don’t think I would change anything really.
  • edited August 25

Having just redone my interior I couldn't stand my old armrests. So I made new ones! If you're interested, let me know. In the photo, the top isn't screwed down into the armrest yet. It looks better when done. I can get new photos if you want to make some.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Those turned out nice. No more projects for right now though. Gonna focus on enjoying it!
  • edited August 29
    @Mp3953 Where did you buy the DIY interior kit?
  • Local upholstery guy did seat covers and panels. Ordered carpet from airtex interiors.
  • Keep in mind that Airtex uses aviation grade materials and they supply documentation for your log book. I'm not sure that a local upholstery guy is going to be able to do that. The issue is fire-retardant fabric and the seat covers and panels may not be legal.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I do understand. We used same backing for panels as airtex. They sent me a sample. We also made sure the fabric we bought was aviation grade flame resistant. We asked manufacturer and got documentation. But yes airtex does simplify that for u. I read one guy who was trying to sell his and there was no good entry and when they took it apart to check the panels were made of old stop signs!
  • You did well! Very good job :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Scott or I will work to get this into the magazine. this is very cool.

Digital Product Manager
    Piper Owner Society