Almost there...

Need to finish up windlace, eyebrow, whelen strobes and wingtip lights and whatever else I find along the way but I am almost there!
Maybe paint job next year!
Thank you to everyone that helped with suggestions and ideas!

Comments

• Wow - did you also repair the seat frame?

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• wow ... magazine article for sure, I'll contact you directly.

Digital Product Manager
    Piper Owner Society

• I did repair both seat frames as they were both broke, had them rewelded and then painted them. Wife asked why I was repainting them as no one would see them, at that point I explained it made the plane faster obviously!

• Charlie, total up your spends and for every $1000 spent you are 1 kt faster. Every month is 100 fpm in climb ;)

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)

• edited September 2
    Eric: lol! By those standards, I can pace an SR-71!

Charlie: your project looks great! I had to repair my seats as well. The gussets were cracked, but fortunately the frames were not broken, just needed to be straightened. I put heavy duty SS gussets in so they won't ever crack again.

You're going to love flying in your airplane x100 when the work is complete!

Jim "Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Eric, I like your math! LOL
    Like Griff said, I will also be pacing the SR-71

• Griff, although I am not quite done I am done enough to get up in the air. It is a much more comfortable ride now, the wife and friends like it so much more!

Repairing the seats weren't any big deal at all, I do not expect to have any issues again but the nice thing about the Airtex covers is, if I do I can pull them off and just fix again.

Hoping to get to the hanger this weekend and finish (fingers crossed) just in time for my annual :s