Member's Only Fly-in

There has been the beginnings of a discussion in other threads on this forum about a 2019 summer flyin. I'm starting a discussion on that possibility on this thread. The possible location of Nashville, TN has come up, along with Evansville, Indiana. I haven't been to Nashville in a very long time and so I think it has some appeal, at least to me. What do you think?

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• I vote Nashville. John C. Tune great airport. Great food, sites to see...the Parthenon replica.

• Okay, discussion is underway! :) Thanks for your quick post.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Nashville sounds cool. Indiana could be cool if it is on the way to Osh kosh.

Paul

1963 Cherokee 180 B.

• Thanks Paul, Nashville is pretty cool. We'll see what other opinions we can muster up! Fingers crossed, lol. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• How about Colorado Springs??? We do fly out here, you know!!

Jim Torley
    CFI-A/I/G
    1969 Arrow 200
    Based at KFLY (Colorado Springs, CO)

• Colorado Springs is a fabulous place! I have no problems with that selection. The whole purpose of my putting this out there is to get ideas and build a consensus. As you probably know, I just had my Arrow out to Denver 3 weeks ago. Great trip and I've been all along the front range, including your fair city. We have a fair amount of time to see what everyone is interested in. Stay tuned!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Maybe East Coast/Midwest and a West Coast meeting?

• edited February 2019

My guess is that we're going to start some kind of event in 2019, but that isn't assured. If we can get a small cadre of Piper members to commit, we'll see what we can get arranged. This is going to be dependent upon how many members show interest and commit to a date and location. This will take some time but hopefully it will work out. I'm feeling optimistic about it!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Sounds interesting! I'll stay tuned

Jim

• I attended a couple of COPA “Migrations”, back in my Cirrus days.. They have sustained good attendance.. Meeting included education and some flying with instructor options. Social events as well. That was obviously after some growing years.

• Simple starts are best...eg..fly in to KLEX, visit Keeneland race track. Have a “host” hotel for meetings, Overnight if interested...Just my two cents worth..

• I used to fly my Warrior to Keeneland and I think I still have a t-shirt from the race track. Another good choice! Keep those ideas coming in folks!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• So I'm continuing to think about fly-in's and I think it might be a good idea to have a committee of a handful of members to meet on Skype or Webex or something and discuss what we want to do in 2019. How about voicing some of your opinions as I'd really like to make this happen.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I haven’t yet had the opportunity to tour/visit a control tower.. On my “wish list”

• Ok, thanks!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Hi everyone,
    I'm thinking about convening a member committee in early February via Skype, WebEx or other online software to discuss putting together any Fly-In's for 2019. Let me know if you want to be on the committee. :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I will “volunteer”..if needed. Kent

• Excellent Kent. You're on the list!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!