Sun 'n Fun

I'm contemplating attending Sun 'n Fun this year. Has anyone on the forum camped there at their airplane? I've been to OSH many times but haven't been to the Florida gig. How's the weather in the Deep South that time of year? I'll be coming from Colorado where we will still be in winter. Any other comments would be more than welcome!

jrt

Comments

• Thanks for the comments, guys. Last query...I heard that there are snakes and other nasties in some areas of the camp grounds. True or fiction? Someone told me to bring a rope to put around the tent because snakes won't crawl over the rope. Sounds far fetched to me but never having been there....I haven't heard of people getting "snake bit" so I assume that there isn't any more of a problem than here in the Rockies...

About this time of year I'm definitely ready for some warm temperatures so will probably make the trip...

jrt
  • Also try Orlando-Sanford (SFB) on Allegiant if comming from the NorthEast. http://www.allegiantair.com/ They offer cheap direct flights.
    SFB is only about 10 more minutes from Lakeland compared to Orlando (MCO) and is a small, easy in and out airport. It's closer than DAB. You WILL need a car rental. This is not the Northeast where there is a lot of public transportation.