Aircraft Paint Shops in Florida

I have 76 Arrow and for the most part my paint is considered 8-9, looks new. But I am developing some minor surface corrosion that I want to address. I believe the process is sanding down to bare metal, treat the metal and repaint. I am looking for some reviews of any of the FAA approved shops located Florida.

What does to cost to get an Arrow repainted?

Also I am considered buy an airbrush and making the touch up a DYI project. Any suggestions and thanks.

Comments

• Hi Waylau,
    Note exactly my area of expertise but I have just had a client I helped locate and purchase a 182 and getting it painted was a part of the goal.
    I would guess that painting a 182 and an Arrow would be a similar project. In Florida, you'll find a variety of aircraft aint shops and bottom line is you get what you pay for. My client is a perfectionist like me and plans to keep the airplane for a long time so we went with, what I consider one of the better shops in Florida which is Hawk Painting at Tampa Executive. We got a quote from Hawk @ $10,200 including new door seals. I did get a price of about $8000 from a smaller facility but I got mixed reviews on them. If you talk with Hawk (Roger Battistoni), you'll get a sense that they do a very thorough job and don't take shortcuts. For my client, that was what we were looking for. Our 182 goes into the paint shop in the next 2-3 weeks. Good Luck! Bob Hart www.AvionixHelp.com
  • Thanks for you response.