Ideas?

Hey guys! I am pulling my hair out! I have a 76 Arrow. I am getting water on co pilots floor after rain events. The plane is outside. I have a canopy cover on it. I replaced the wing root thinking their must be some leakage there. Neither have fixed the problem. Everything feels dry inside except for the floor in front only. I am at loss for where it can be coming from. My only last thought is ....could it be coming from the air vent?? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi, let's start with the door. Are the seals fresh and soft? Does the door close fully front, aft and top? Are the side windows sealed perfectly?

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• My Warrior did the same thing and I suspected that water was coming in through the fresh air vents on front of the wing and through the floor vents in the cabin. In my case, this usually occurred in heavy rain with high winds. The owner of Plane Cover said that he would design a cover to go over those holes if I would send him the dimensions but I got a hangar shortly thereafter and never pursued his offer. http://www.planecover.com/
  • Thanks for your response Scott, BUT, as I mentioned, i have a cover over the plane that covers the door.)) I put some cling wrap over the vent on the leading edge to see if that stops it. We are getting a lot of rain this week, so I will see if that is the culprit!))
  • Hi and thanks for the update. Cling wrap; brilliant. Now why didn't I think of that, lol. Let me know what happens!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!