Prop

I have a PA28-181 and ready for a overhaul on my Prop and wondering if anyone has repitched there prop and if so did you notice any changes in flight?
Was looking to pitch for better climb so from a 60 pitch to a 58.

Comments

• Hi and thanks for writing. My guess is that this change would not be legal. Have you talked with a prop shop about it? What have you heard?

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Well its in there hands now (H&S prop shop) and they are going to take a look at if they even can. The owner of the shop said why not get more climb! Thats why i am throwing it around to others to see what has anyone done if any. Did anyone that changed Likeed the change to a better climb prop or a cruise prop? is there noticeably much speed lost or gained? or even changing to another Prop company all together for both climb and speed performance?
  • Hi, fill us in on what the prop shop does when you're done. Also, just an fyi: if you increase climb performance, you'll decrease cruise performance. The opposite is true, too. Good luck!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I should have it back by this weekend and will post what happens
  • Got my Prop back yesterday from an overhaul. Prop was all over the map Prop shop says. 64 one area 59 another area so just left it where it should have been at 60. Did not notice difference in climb but did notice 4-5kts cruise possibly from the straightening. It kinda seems like a big difference 64 to 59 in areas and did not even have a vibration issue with the way it was.
  • One less thing to worry about. Your props now okay, that's a big thing. And picking up speed, too? Wonderful!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!