ADS-B Out Installation Status From The FAA As Of August 1, 2018.

The FAA reports that as of August 1, 2018, that 61,101 US registered aircraft were equipped for ADS-B Out. Of those, 44,058 are for FAA certified fixed-wing general aviation aircraft. The FAA is predicting that the total number of ADS-B Out installed GA aircraft will be about 80,000 by January 1, 2020. The FAA is holding to their position that there will be no delays, extensions or exemptions on that date.

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• I am looking into getting mine done, possibly this year...

• I think the price has come down as much as it's going to and there's a good selection of equipment out there. If I can be of service, let me know.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• edited November 2018

Just stopped by Gulf Coast Avionics last Wednesday and they are booked until February 2019!!! Price for my Cherokee 140 with GNC255A NAV/COM and the GTX345 w/GPS Transponder installed $15,000.00 :o oh my aching heart! I don’t have a whole lot more than that in my flying Plane Project! If I told you how much $$$ I have in this plane you would :'( or be extremely jealous! LOL

Rich Denton
    President
    EAA Chapter 175

• A GNC255A is a nice radio but waaaaay too expensive. You can get a used MX-170 for about 2k and a new one for 3k. I have a GTX345 and it's a very good transponder. There are cheaper alternatives.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!