O-ring size or part#

Does anyone know the size of the O ring that fits in the cap that slides over the fuel selector stem? mine has just started to leak and we replaced it 25 years ago, or the part number.
The aircraft is a 1968 pa-28 140
Thank you

Comments

• Hi, you'll need the exact part number. If you don't have a parts manual and service manual for your plane, I would recommend it. I use both frequently on my Arrow. They are available for $50 each in pdf form from www.essco.com and www.eflightmanuals.com.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Should be the MS29513-011 o'ring.

• Thanks so much for the part number. Here's a link to purchase it. https://www.aircraftspruce.com/pages/ep/orings/fuelorings2.php

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• There is a detailed description on how to inspect and service the fuel valve and the parts needed in Piper Service Bulletin 355. It shows the “O” ring as Piper Part No. 752-822. Available at Aircraft Spruce. Piper.com, Support, Technical Publications, “click here”, search for your airplane model at the bottom you will find SB 355. Then you can print the instructions.

• Bear in mind that SB 355 applies only to the original Imperial brass selector valve, Piper PN 492-009 or 66945-00. It does not apply to the later-style replacement valve, Piper 491-947.