New Temperature Low In Milwaukee, Wisconsin

You know you're in trouble when you turn on the weather channel and see Mike Seidel or Jim Cantore in your home town. That's where they are today, January 30, 2019, though. The temperature recorded as I write this is -24 degrees Fahrenheit. The Dew Point is -27F and the wind chill is -44F. I think this is the lowest temperature I've seen in my lifetime. This weekend the temp is supposed to climb to +41F. That will be the highest temperature climb in my lifetime; 74 degrees F. Wow, not the kind of record I ever wanted to see. :) How is it where you are?

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• A "balmy" +34 F here in Colorado Springs!! But we have seen multiple -20 F over the 4 decades I've been here. We're on the west side of the Polar Vortex. I spent 4 years in Beloit, WI but don't recall the kind of temps you have now!!

Jim Torley
    CFI-A/I/G
    1969 Arrow 200
    Based at KFLY (Colorado Springs, CO)

• Hi Jim,
    I've never seen temps like this before but fortunately it's on the way out. We're forecasting 46F for the weekend.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• This MUST be that pesky global warming!!! It was -30 here in Bismarck this morning.

I love to defy gravity!
    1979 Arrow IV

• Hi Harley,
    OMG, that's some serious temperature, lol! Hopefully, this will pass and we'll get back to thinking about spring :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!