wing spar inspection question

Hello Scott, and others.

Looking ahead to the wing spar issue coming my way I was wondering how the techs will get to the wing spar attatchment points on my warrior. I have no inspection hole there, so will I have to put one in?

I know there is a SB for adding an inspection hole but I don't think it applies to the -151 or any other -1 aircraft, though I think its a good idea and I just might go and do it anyway.

See attached photo from the AD

Comments

• They may unrivet the wing walk panel on the right side by the door and the similar panel on the left side. We'll just have to wait and see when the actual AD comes out. I've given this some thought, too. I had my wing walk plate by my door replaced due to cracks just a couple of months ago and the spar was immediately visible.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Interesting..
    Thanks Scott.
  • I purchased the wing inspection kit directly from Piper this past December. They had the lowest price of about $180. Twenty flush rivets for each wing are included.

• I ordered the kit also and have not yet had it installed, for the same price as above. The Piper part number is 765-106 for my 28-180E. I'm pretty sure the same kit fits all 28 and 32 models but check to be sure.

Jim

• Thanks fellows. Good information.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!