Avionics shop recommendations in Southeast Texas

Can anyone recommend an avionics shop in SE Texas, Houston area. Will consider others.

Thanks.
Ben

Comments

• What are you looking to have done?

• I need to update firmware on GTN 750, also getting a error message the 750 is not receiving traffic or heading information. Also need to replace display on KX 155, and finally troubleshoot autopilot..

Ben

• My avionics shop just did an update on my GTN 650 during my 24 month inspection. This update comes from Garmin and the update is free, though the installation charge wasn't. Talk to your avionics installer for the details. Its just personal opinion, but I think we all need an ongoing relationship with both an avionics shop and a mechanic shop, so when things pop up we aren't scrambling to find help.

• Hi Ben,
    Have you found a shop yet? Looks like you need a bunch of work done. Check out the repair price on the KX-155. If it's alot, look at the TKM MX-155 due to be TSO'd any time now.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I just had work done at Avionics Unlimited at KCXO. They're a Garmin shop and did a nice job.

• Thanks for the input. I looked at Avionics Unlimited, and was hoping to get some first had input.
    Scott - I did look at the MX155, but a little more that I am hoping to spend right now. I will of course check the repair price and if it's too high, consider replacement.

Ben

• OK, Ben, good luck :)

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• Give James Wurman at General Avionics a call. General Avionics is located at the West Houston Airport (KIWS). Having had experience at both General Avionics and Avionics Unlimited (at KCXO), I’d go with General Avionics every time.

Our Cherokee just had a Garmin G5 and GTX335, and PMA450 installed by General, and we can’t be more pleased with our experience. I plan on taking it back there to add another G5, and a GNS430W upgrade.

General Avionics
    281-647-9600