100LL prices have come down.

100LL at my home airport, Burlington Municipal Airport at Burlington, WI (KBUU) has dropped to $3.89/gallon. What are you paying?

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• Westheimer KOUN is $4.96 FS, Wiley Post is $4.86 SS @ Atlantic, Will Rogers KOKC is $5.99 FS @ Atlantic, Sundance KHSD is $4.05 SS, finally David J. Perry (5 miles south of Norman, OK) 1K4 is $4.15 SS. These are the AirNav reported prices from 27 Jun to today for the OKC metro area.

• $4.39 at KFGX in Nothern Ky.

• Kennett, MO - KTKX at $3.65

• I hit a 3.58 in KOKM on the way to Oshkosh. Lots of cheap ones around Tulsa.

Paul

1963 Cherokee 180 B.

• Yes, here in Burlington Wisconsin (BUU) it just dropped from $4.39 to $3.79/gal.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I apparently am paying too much...lol

• Still $4.35 here in the Phoenix area

• Speaking of fuel prices, there are lots of ways to find the lowest fuel price. I like to use Skyvector (skyvector.com) for flight planning. After you plan your flight, click on the icon to show fuel prices (100LL or Jet), and all reported prices pop up. Rubber band your flight path to include the airports with low priced fuel. Over the years, I've saved thousands of dollars using this tool.

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Yes, there are several and this is a good tool. It's $3.99 at burlington Wisconsin. Car gas has dropped to $2.20 here, too.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• KDTN $4.20, 3 airports under 30 miles $3.60 or under.

• KOPL $3.50, LFT next door $4.50 and at my home aiport KARA $5.68. Yup, I fly to KOPL for fuel.

• I looked it up, KOPL is a little far for me, lol. :) Enjoy the low gas prices!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I just paid $3.99 at BUU Friday. I am obsessive about putting the plane away completely full of gas and it would drive me nuts to have to fill up somewhere else before coming home.

Jim M.
    PA-28R-200
    Based at BUU
    ATC Chicago TRACON

• If I top it off each time, I would severely limit my payload. I can carry 77 gals and rarely need more than 50. I have gotten pretty good at a fuel stop on the way home.

• I’m lucky in that I can only carry 50 :D

It gets so cold here and I worry about not being able to fly for a couple of weeks due to winter wx, so I keep it topped off to prevent condensation in the tanks.

Jim M.
    PA-28R-200
    Based at BUU
    ATC Chicago TRACON

• 3.65 at 2O8 Hinton OK
  • Still $4.46 at my base (KFLY) :'(

Jim Torley
    CFI-A/I/G
    1969 Arrow 200
    Based at KFLY (Colorado Springs, CO)

• I try and keep my tanks down at 1/4 when hangared and fill up just prior to departure. I'm a big proponent of keeping the weight off the wings. In my Seneca that was 960 pounds and in the Arrow it's around 400 lbs.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Interesting...never thought about the weight business. When I need gas I top off after a flight so the next flight begins with full tanks. My thinking is that the engine is already warm after flying so topping off after a flight isn't hard on the starter/battery, etc. compared to a "cold" start...short taxi to fuel pit...then another "cold" start after fueling.

Jim Torley
    CFI-A/I/G
    1969 Arrow 200
    Based at KFLY (Colorado Springs, CO)

• 5.15 at krxe

• edited January 2020

$8.59 at KORD (a bargain!), but I don't know why they even bother. I haven't seen a piston engine airplane there in decades. :o

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• They do go in there on occasion! I don’t know who actually is willing to spend $8+ on 100LL, but people will occasionally land and pay the landing fee in their Skyhawk.

Jim M.
    PA-28R-200
    Based at BUU
    ATC Chicago TRACON

• Not seeing anything cheap enough to note around here. KOUN, my home field is $5.08, Wiley Post is 5.50 or 5.86 at each FBO, Sundance is one of the cheaper at $4.15 as is David J. Perry. KOKC, Wil Rogers, comes in at $6.00 or $5.62 depending on FBO. Hinton always advertises cheap fuel the $3.65 rate is not uncommon for them, but I have landed there and the SS pump has been locked and no one around to open it.

• edited January 2020

Jim

It's crazy but you're right. I live directly under the flight path of 9L/27R at ORD, so I see (and hear) everything landing/departing those runways. It's very rare that I see/hear a piston, but it happens!

If anyone gets the urge to put a skid mark on an ORD runway, here's what awaits you; YMMV

Landing fee (varies) $49 to $135+
    Piston Infrastructure Fee $5.00
    Security fee $20+
    Single Engine Piston Handling $49.00
    Light Twin Piston Handling $149.00

Then $8.50+/gal. to top off your tanks.

Clear prop!

Griff

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Thanks Griff, I had no idea! :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• After 3 years, never had condensation in my tanks. But, more than once I found myself with too much fuel and therefore had to leave someone on the ground, so I stay at 50 gals.