AirVenture

I'll be at AirVenture this week. If you're there, come over to our Piper Owner Society booth and say hi! We'd love to meet you!

Scott Sherer
Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

Comments

• Almost got there. Staying the night in Kirksville, MO.

Paul

1963 Cherokee 180 B.

• edited July 2019
    Scott, my spouse Olivia and I will be there all week. She plays in the EAA band, and I will present on Tuesday at Forum 9, 8:30am. Perhaps we could catch a lunch together? So much to see and do. If you have not done so, the night airshow and fireworks on Wed. or Sat. Is not to be missed.

Regards,

Mike
  • Thanks Mike,
    I'll be there off and on all week, sometimes in our booth and sometimes visiting all of the vendors in the exhibit halls. Hopefully we'll get together!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• So close. I’m camping at Fond Du Lac. Hopefully we make it in tomorrow.

Paul

1963 Cherokee 180 B.

• I made it in early this morning. Where is your booth, Scott?

Paul

1963 Cherokee 180 B.

• Hi Paul,
    I drove right by Fond Du Lac today, it was jam packed. We're in Exhibit building C. I will be there off and on all most of tomorrow starting late morning as I'm commuting every day from Milwaukee. Drop by and get a beverage and say hi to everyone! :) Bob Hart is in our booth, as well as our editors Rocky and Katie. I hope to see you tomorrow!

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• I dropped by and talked to Bob.

Paul

1963 Cherokee 180 B.

• Excellent, Paul. Bob Hart is great :)

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• edited July 2019

After a week of watching endless targets heading north on my radar scope (and many traffic alerts!), I have a day off tomorrow and am driving up to Oshkosh. I will see you, Scott, if you’re still manning the booth. If anyone else from here is there on Friday and wants to say hi, let me know!

Jim M.
    PA-28R-200
    Based at BUU
    ATC Chicago TRACON

• Hi Jim,
    I'll be there and sporadically at the booth. If I don't see you in Oshkosh, definitely at BUU.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• edited July 2019

I tried to bribe Steve and Paul with a dozen donuts from Gooseberries today to finish my plane. Unfortunately the extra EAA traffic has slowed the progress this week. Still “a week or two” from completion. I am waiting until the plane is done and I have had a chance to make sure I am comfortable enough with everything to register for the fly-in at Sporty’s in September.

Jim M.
    PA-28R-200
    Based at BUU
    ATC Chicago TRACON

• Hi Jim,
    Sounds like a plan. If you need a safety pilot I'm available.

Scott Sherer

Need help? Let me know!

• Been watching AirVenture on a live YouTube feed. Camera work could be a little better but there is ATC traffic and the camera alternates between panning the grounds and watching the runway. Couldn't identify the Piper Owner's Society tent/building. But saw the red barn, the Garmin building and several other vendors. Also saw the B-29, 17 and C-5.