Any Airtug Users

Is there anyone that uses an Airtug NFE-4? If so do you like it? I have a 1980 Piper Dakota, and there is a slight incline on the ramp to the hangar. I was wondering if this would be a good option. I checked a couple of other cheaper options, but they don't handle 1/4 inch per foot grades.

Thanks

Comments

• Dakota Pilot:

check out this post. sounds like a pretty solid recommendation!

Electric tug — Piper Forum (piperowner.org)

Bob

• Thank you so much Bob!

Larry

• I have an NFE-4 for ten years. Last year I replaced the battery. I clean it annually and put grease on the chains every fall. I acquired it for my three Seneca's about ten years ago. When the Seneca's went down the airway and I got an Arrow III, I still use it. A+. But don't use the nosewheel strap, rather, get the nosewheel hook!

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot

• Hi All,

I have to second Scott’s PIREP on the NFE-6 AirTug Model that I have.

I've been using it on my Seneca III for about 4 years now, and it’s working Great!

Easy ON, Easy OFF, lotsa Power and Very Smooth, get the “Hook” Accessory that Scott mentioned, it makes the operation a little easier.

I’ve used the AirTug on not only the Seneca but also on our Flying Clubs Archer, Tomahawk and -172. None of them have Wheel Pants though.

If you are anywhere near Cleveland Ohio, the AirTug guys will bring the unit out to you, set it up and give you some Dual so you don’t knock anything off. It took me about 10 minutes to get the hang of it. Their Website is very informative and are Headquartered in Northeast Ohio.

Highly Recommend!

Hope that helps!

Stay Safe, Fly Fun!

George

N8434M KLPR

• Thank you George,

I did just an NFE-4 based on Scotts recomendation. It's great to hear more positive feedback about my choice!

• I love my air tug! I have a 79 Dakota and it works great. Since the air Tug has a lot of torque, I added two vinyl marker/strips on the cowling/body where the rudder stops are. This way we I make sure I am not turning too tight and putting pressure on the rudder linkage. My mechanic recommended it and it is a great reminder.

Best Regards,

Bob

• Thank you so much Bob! I did just get one, and I love it. I do have a turn limit decal that I am paying attention to as I use the tug. A mechanic put it on last year for their shop purposes I think, but I am glad that it's there!

Thanks again for the feedback, It's great to hear that I made a good choice!