Quiz: Name This Component

Found an interesting looking item mounted to a PA-32's front storage hatch.

Here is the plane's ad:

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?category_level1=Single+Engine+Piston&make=PIPER&model=SARATOGA&listing_id=2428943&s-type=aircraft#

Nothing in the equipment list really stands out as the item on the hatch. As I can see a number of electronic components, perhaps an 80s era satellite phone?

Comments

• You know, I used to always listen to "Click and Clack," just for the weekly puzzler!

Products | Turbo Alternator (basicaircraft.com)

• The video is pretty good, too:

Videos | Turbo Alternator (basicaircraft.com)

I'm wondering if they will fabricate a custom variant for me, outfitted with a 6 inch Gatling gun?!

• I wondered whether that conical white piece rotated. Now we know!

Neat tool. Am curious as to whether it can serve as the backup power source on dual Electroair electronic ignition installations.

6 inch Gatling gun adaption sounds good. Especially for the car. But I'd probably get in too much trouble for using it on all those "better than average" drivers who feel the need to get one car ahead, at all costs.

• I think the dual electroair systems also require an additional battery. This interesting air generator is also self starting - does not need a voltage to generate a voltage which is better than a typical alternator.

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)