bad switch for gear down light dimming

part number is67435-02 for the part.

when i turn on the panel lights the three green lights to display the gear down position the lights go out. piper says the pn is no longer available have checked several use sites with no luck.

i need a source for the part. or a way to get a fix.

thanks in advance or your support.

Larry deem 9136344759

Comments

• Can you post a picture of the part you're trying to replace or repair? Which airframe?

• Rather than a photo, how about a short video showing the effect. Reason for the ask as I can interpret the narrative from a series of different perspectives, and the perspective drives next steps.

FWIW, that part number looks like it refers to the potentiometer which should effect more than just the gear indicator lights. If it is the potentiometer, this part usually fails by way of going into an On / Off mode (read: full bright, or nothing) for everything it touches, rather than have different effects on different locations. Looks like it might interchange with 67435-03 per Texas Air Salvage (so use with caution).

• Hi,

This is a diagram from the Seneca II but I think yours operates similar. Generally if the dimmer is off then it connects a direct path to ground and the gear lights are bright. When the dimmer is on the direct path to ground is interrupted and current flows through the resistor.

It is more likely you have a problem with the resistor or the connection to ground vs a problem with the dimmer. Especially if the dimmer is working otherwise.

Eric Panning
    1981 Seneca III
    Hillsboro, OR (KHIO)