Insurance Recomendation

Hello everyone,

My insurance is coming up for renewal in August and I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations that would give me a reason to change carriers. I am currently in contract with BWI.

Thanks, Todd

PA28R-201T

Comments

• edited June 25

Todd;

I've been using Facer Insurance in Rantoul, IL. They are very responsive and reliable. [Edit] They work with 18 different underwriters. My policy is underwritten by Old Republic, and they found me the best deal. The principals of the company are pilots, so they understand aviation.

Facer's phone # is 800-727-2147. Tell them I sent you.

Jim "Doc Griff" Griffin
    PA28 - 161
    Chicago area

• Thanks for the referral Jim. I will contact them this coming week.

Todd

• I'm late to this thread but thought I'd still mention this as its important to know. When engaging a broker, they will throw a blanket over the entire underwriting market. This prevents other brokers from being able to shop your policy. The best advice I can offer is to make sure you're picking a high quality broker who will properly shop your policy amongst the underwriters. I'd ask them to produce the list of markets they've shopped and the results from each underwriter. A good insurance broker will have zero problem producing this information.

My $0.02.

• Thanks for the info Scott. Unfortunately, I renewed with BWI. Being new to the game I hope I made the right decision. They were by far the lowest annual premium.

• You absolutely made the right choice. BWI is fantastic. I’ve been with them for four years. It feels like a personal relationship.

• I just changed from Assured Partners to BWI. BWI was about $500 per year less.

• Good to hear Chet and Dennis, I just recently received a couple more quotes, they were $1,500 and $2,000 more than BWI.

Thanks again,

Todd