Johnson Creek Idaho

Has anyone been into Johnson Creek, Idaho in an Arrow (or 180 Cherokee, etc.)?

Comments

• We had a fellow from NM fly there in his Cherokee, he crashed and killed himself.
  • Well I didn't get there (3U2) as they had a number of days of storms and the caretaker said there was a fair amount of water on the strip. So I decided not to risk becoming a swamp buggy. Maybe later in the fall when the ground dries out. The field is certainly do-able as it is 3400 feet long and only 4993 MSL. Good short field techniques should do just fine. Sorry about the accident mentioned. I'll look at the stats as input to my mental database.
  • Watched a video about Idaho bush flying last night and Johnson Creek looks very doable. Nice big valley with a nice long well maintained strip.
  • Is there a go around at Johnson Creek? I hear the camping is very nice their too.
  • If you think short field techniques are what you should be doing on high alt strips, please get some training.

Getting to best rate of climb is the correct technique especially in a arrow.

• I'm definitely a flat-lander, lol.

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• We are all at some time fish out of water.
    My hell is anywhere near LAX.

• I don't blame you. I've flown around LA and southern California many times and IFR is the only way to go. Stay high and east and it's not too stressful. It will never be the mid-west, though. :smile:

Scott Sherer
    Wright Brothers Master Pilot, FAA Commercial Pilot
    Aviation Director, Piper Owner Society Forum Moderator and Pipers Author.

Need help? Let me know!

• I am a mid-westerner...I don't do elevation well. I would get training if I was going out that way...

• There is a really good school in McCall Idaho a few miles away.