Stol Kit for PA 32-300

I am buying a 79 Cherokee Six and was wondering if anyone has any experience with STOL kits or VG's for the six? If there are, is it worth it and do you see a noticeable performance difference?

Thanks.

Tom

Comments

• I sometimes fly a 260 Six with a Bush STOL kit. It makes quite a noticable difference, though I dislike the non-functional droop tips. With the STOL kit installed, TAS at 8000 DA is only 141 knots.
  • What do you think about installing the micro VG's? Here is a link to the company. I am considering buying this kit and having them installed. http://www.microaero.com/
  • I'm in favour of it. Keep in mind though, that the VG's don't substantially lower the stall speed (they do substantially lower the indicated stall speed). What they do do, and do quite well, is provide decent control authority further into the window of deteriorating performance just above the stall. More solid controllability, and then when the VG's do let go, they let go more suddenly than a stock plane. I like that, others may not.
  • Somewhat. It won't be an enormous difference.