Altimatic IIIB Min Speed for approach

I've always preferred to hand fly my ILS even to mins, but today as an experiment in severe clear wx, I decided to try a fully coupled approach in our Navajo. I was careful to give it at least 20 sec at below 60% of glideslope, configured early, and only used 15 degrees of flaps. The green light came on, and it smoothly captured and tracked the glide slope and loc at 120mph. After descending about 1000 feet, I decided to reduce power to 14in MAP and slow to 110mph. The rate of descent went to about 700fpm and I started to drift below GS. Added power and sped back up to 120 and it regained GS. This evening I looked in operator's supplement and it said approach speed should be 120 to 140 mph. I looked in autopilot mnx manual, and there was a reference to holding proper power setting. It also discussed how AP would not let you slow below 110mph in climb or accelerate past 225 or so in descent, but gave no min speed for approach. Am I right in surmizing that 120 mph is the min speed at which it will hold glidepath?

Comments

• I guess I got my answer tonight. I had to shoot an approach to mins at KHYA, vv 100 and RVR 2500v5000. I maintained 120, and the AP had me dead center at mins where I managed to pick up 2 approach lights.
  • Set for the known speed and then chase the needle with minor power changes.