Victor Airway to Point to Point APP

I'm wondering if anyone out there is aware of an iPad or other cockpit useable application to convert victor airways to something I can program into my Garmin 530. All too often I get a change in my flight plan from ATC(advise ready to copy) with victor airway routes. I then have to break out the charts and see which fixes make up the airway and then enter them into the GPS.
Thanks in advance,
Mike

Comments

• Off the top of my head I cant think of anything. I'm sure eventually something will come out though.
  • Do you use fltplan.com?

They'll show you recent ATC routes & I've enjoyed a pretty high percentage of "Cleared as Filed" using those routes. This is often followed by some helpful "Direct To" amendments. Much better than the "Preferred" or TEC routes in the A/FD.

It's not something you can use in flight but it can reduce the need.
  • I put the airway radial into my secondary NAV. When the needle centers, I hit direct to on my 530 and off you go.
  • I already use Fltplan.com. I was sure there was a cell phone app for this.
    Thanks for eveyone's input.
    Mike
  • A little sidebar in the September Issue of IFR Magazine mentions AirwayPlanner.com. Apparently they sell ($49/yr) a .pdf file that has all the V airways and points. It includes all the points but differentiates the ones that need to be entered. They also provide the J airways separately (another $30/yr), if needed. So if you have a gizmo that can handle .pdf files, it's something.