Fuel flow monitor

I found a good deal on a EI FP5 fuel monitor, but not sure if it really necessary. I have a 140 and don't fly longer than 4 hours without a break, so is it just a waste of money to look at my fuel burn?

Thanks
Tom

Comments

• I dont think it would be a waste of money, if you found a good deal on it. Although what one person calls a good deal another calls regular price ect... More engine monitoring equipment than less is almost always better. You will be the only one that can make the decision as to if its worth putting in or not. Hopefully, some others that have one installed can give you their opinion. :)
  • It's one of my most valued instruments. I use the pressure monitoring whenever I am climbing and when switching tanks.
  • The cost is $275 for Electronics International FP-5 Fuel Flow Totalizer new in box with FT-60 flow transducer + all cables and manuals. EI list price is $748. Any idea how long it would take an A&P to install, trying to get an idea of install cost.
  • Sorry, just the one. If don't buy it, I'll send you the info.
  • Five hours sound about right for the install. Make sure you are getting a 5L and not a 5.
  • This is a 5, not 5L, but I don't have a GPS. For the price, I think it still makes sense.
  • Yes, without no GPS, the 5 makes sense. With a GPS, the 5L also displays reserve fuel.