Madison, WI

My wife and I flew into Dane Co. Regional in Madison, WI this past weekend to see my daughter and family. Forgot about the Ohio State/Badger game, so it was pretty busy. We pulled onto the ramp at Wisc. Aviation, the FBO there and were met with great service and very friendly line personnel. They advised us that they'd probably pull the plane over to a different area to tie it down for the night. You'd have thought I arrived in a CJ rather that the 'ole 140. Next day when we left, I checked in at the desk and told them we were leaving. They asked if we had fueled or not, and I almost felt guilty saying no, we had plenty for the short flight home. She said no problem, thanks for stopping and hope to see you again. No ramp fees, no hassle, just nice service. No excuse NOT to go back. If more FBOs were like this, I think they wouldn't be belly aching about business.

Comments

• Good to hear you had good service. Did you send the message on to Wisconsin Aviation? Often times the grunt and customer service people never get much recognition. I bet they would like to hear some positive feedback from a customer, whom I bet will be back and will probably buy some fuel from them after they treated him good and didnt hassle him.
  • Actually, I did - and got a nice response back from them.
  • My thumbs up to Wisconsin Aviation as well. I had a battery without enough juice to turn the engine over in the -20 weather. The line guy came out, hooked up the GPU and I fired right up. NO CHARGE! I couldn't believe it. First class outfit. I'm going to make sure I top off the tanks next time I'm there.

BTW - The restaurant attached to the FBO is really good and provides an excellent view of the ANG base and the terminal for those who like to watch F-16s take off and land.

Lars Jensen
    SCS Interiors