Restaurants

In Ontario, Canada, the only airports/airfields with good restaurants I have eaten so far are:
London cyxu (Katana Cafe on the field), Kitchener-Waterloo cykf (flying club, german food), Edenvale cnv8(on the field) , City Centre cytz (walking distance to various good restaurants in Toronto), Ottawa cyow (flying club, thai food), Wyoming (on Reeces Corner grass airstrip N42.59,W82.08 Skyview diner, good inexpensive food).
Quebec seems to be blessed with more airport restaurants offering good food. So far I have had lunch in;
Gatineau cynd, Bromont czbm, Sherbrooke cysc.
Passing through Vero Beach (KVRB) we had an excellent meal at Cannons in the airport terminal.
I am sure that there are many more destinations with good airport restaurants (or within a 5min walk) offering something more than only burger and fries, in Ontario, Quebec, Michigan or Ohio.

Comments

• In Southern California, I might suggest a few. "Rosa's Plane Food" at Calexico looks like it may have been moved from somewhere in Baja California. Prices are reasonable, food is good and it is right on the field. Murph's at Bermuda Dunes (near Palm Springs) is on the field. Food is also good quality and reasonably priced. "Casa Machado" at Montgomery Field (KMYF) is a good Mexican restaurant and prices are reasonable. I am sure there are a lot more around the country. Lets keep this thread going - good information for everyone.
  • Trois-Rivieres Quebec CYRQ has a restaurant on the field. I had a club sandwich which was quite good.

They have a discount on gas for COPA members too. http://archive.copanational.org/PlacesToFly/airport_view.php?pr_id=10&ap_id=340
  • Four restaurants which I have found good, Enriques in Ponca City OK (KPNC), Runway Cafe at Wiley Post (KPWA)in Oklahoma City, Ozzies at Westheimer in Norman OK (KOUN) and Todd's on Ryan Field KRYN) at Tucson.
  • Sorry guys, I've got you all beat. Brenham, Texas ( 11R ) has the Southern Flyer Diner. Voted the Best of the Best by the " Hundred Dollar Hamburger " publication for the last 4 years in a row. It's a retro 50's type of diner with an old Wurlitzer juke box, indoor or outdoor dining, college girls in poodle skirts and saddle oxfords for waitresses, and really, some of the best food you would ever want, with a full menu. I'm fortunate to be 50 miles away in Conroe, Texas ( KCXO ) so my little Cherokee 140 gets me to lunch in about 28 minutes. No kidding, if you're ever down this way stop in at the place. It's not really fancy, but everything I've ever eaten there is top notch. Aircraft park in front, cars park on the side.
  • You might try Adventure Pilot website to find restaurants and whatever else you want to fly to.
  • Tim,

I just visited adventure pilot; thanks. I had to pick a US airport as a starting point but it sure opened up lots of possibilities! http://www.adventurepilot.com
  • Gaston's in Arkansas 3M0 .....3600 Grass strip along the white river ...great food and some of the best trout fishing in the Country
  • Try KRIR, Flabob apt in Riverside. The cafe on field, actually the entire airport, is like stepping back in time. Great way to spend a Sunday morning.