How much are you paying for AVGAS now ? Can we pay more ?

What say you ? How much more do we have to pay for avgas in the USA ? How much is it anywhere else ?

Comments

• $4.10 for 110LL in the Kansas City area. My FBO charges $5.85. We already pay more than our fair share in fuel taxes and fuel flowage fees. Having said that, it appears to be inevitable that we will be paying more for dead dinosaurs soon.
  • My home FBO is $5.73 as of 4 Mar 11. The University of Oklahoma, which owns the airport has an oppressive fuel flowage fee. It is cheaper to go most anywhere in a fifty mile radius. The cheapest in the area is $3.90 at Hinton 2O8. Will Rogers KOKC is $4.77 at AAR. The most expensive is Wiley Post KPWA, which is $6.42 or $5.99 depending on FBO. These numbers are the most recent on AirNav. I have found them to be reasonably accurate. Oddly, David J. Perry 1K4, is only a literal 5 min flight from OUN is $3.95. I can take off from OUN and have to immediately set up for landing at 1K4 never get above 2500 feet.
  • I bet there are lots of folks that are "tankering" fuel to their home base these days.
  • $3.75 at our grass strip.

For reference though, I just got back from Germany where I paid €62 or $80+ for about 10 gallons to fill the car. Haven't bought avgas there. There are posters here from europe.
  • Agreed ..................... However the further attack by our own U.S. TREASURY on the VALUE of our DOLLAR is also having an impact on our BUYING power .................. The Treasury is making sure that our Dollar is continuously weakened in order to make sure that FOREIGN entities are able to buy MORE of our product, this is a FLAWED policy and only making things TOUGHER on the average American citizens .................................... The FED thinks they have it all figured out, but the fact remains that with a WEAKENING DOLLAR, we are only going to PAY MORE and MORE for whatever we need. The more of the green stuff gets printed, the more we are going to pay for the stuff we need ....................................... :<
  • Agreed ..................... However the further attack by our own U.S. TREASURY on the VALUE of our DOLLAR is also having an impact on our BUYING power .................. The Treasury is making sure that our Dollar is continuously weakened in order to make sure that FOREIGN entities are able to buy MORE of our product, this is a FLAWED policy and only making things TOUGHER on the average American citizens .................................... The FED thinks they have it all figured out, but the fact remains that with a WEAKENING DOLLAR, we are only going to PAY MORE and MORE for whatever we need. The more of the green stuff gets printed, the more we are going to pay for the stuff we need ....................................... :<