part numbers

I have a 1973 piper arrow pa28r200. I need some assistance locating the part numbers for the two orings in the fuel selector. Thanks in advanve for your help.

Comments

• They are standard ones that you can get almost anywhere. Use the nitrile material orings.
  • The parts manual does not break down the interal workings of the valve, so I cannot give you a specific part number. But Don is correct when he states that you can find them most anywhere. If it helps, the base number is probably MS29512-??. You should be able to fill in the numbers for the size behind the dash.
  • If you pull out the originals and go to an Ace Hardware or similar, you will leave with the correct sizes for under a buck. Get the nitrile material orings. One on the shaft is very small, and one rather thin but bigger one around the packing nut. Strikingly similar to a faucet valve stem. Straightforward and simple. Do not take any of the safety wired stuff apart. Just the packing nut... Only a trace amount of fuel will come out.