Annual inspection due on PA28

We lost a good friend and mechanic this week at Sussex airport, NJ.. He did all the maintenance and annuals on my PA-28 the last few years. What I liked is he replaced what had to be replaced and didn't replace things that were still serviceable; unlike some shops I went to in the past. Anyway, I need to find some shop to perform an annual this month and looking for some PIREP's in the Northern NJ area, Northeast PA, and southern NY.

Also, if anyone has had negative experiences in this area would be appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• Sorry to here about your friend. I use Heritage aviation at Penn Valley airport KSEG. Great guys to deal with. 570-837-7671 ask for James Taylor

Lenny
  • I too will greatly miss Bill and gary as well. Bill shure taught me a lot and helped me out as well. Am a little troubled about the same issues. I have heard good about 1N7 blairstone Belive his nae was RJ seems like a good guy but have not had any work done there. I hav a Cherokee 180 over in the hangers
  • I decided to give Bill & Vinnie at Cherry Ridge airport a try. I know Vinnie and believe he will do a good job for a reasonable price.
  • I would STRONGLY recommend Hammonton Airport, and Tom from there. He is top-notch anc treated my plane and maintenance like you described your former mechanic.

He is also a CFI with a LOT of time in Pipers - both in the cockpit and under the hood.

Tell him, Marty sent you.
  • Sorry to hear about your friend and mechanic. Sussex airport brings a lot of memories for me. I took my first flying lessons there in 1993 and even though I did not get to finish there later on after I got my licence at Solberg airport I went back to get a high performance rating in Arrow.

I am out in San Diego now for 10 years but my aviation roots at back there. I hope you find out someone that can meet your expectations as your friend mechanic did.