Air Conditioning to Fresh Air

I have a 76 model Lance and have long since removed the air conditioner. I'd like to recreate the original fresh air ventilation system that the airplane would have had if there had been no air conditioner to begin with. Has anyone been down that path before?

Comments

• EasyShot, there was a post somewhere in here about this FRESH AIR system on a Piper PA28 series airplane ........................... what they found during a thorough annual inspection was that the fresh air ducting was rusting away, the tubing has steel springs in it to provide some kind of rigidity, those springs were rusting and the rusted particles were travelling around in the tubing to the point where the tubing had a weakpoint in it, and the rust laden air was getting into the fuselage and contaminating the control cables and other hardware !!! The owner admonished others to be sure and check that fresh air duct tubing really good, to see if there was any rust happening as what I just described .......................... you might keep that in mind when going back to the FRESH AIR system.