Garmin Aera 560/696 or Voyager Skypad2

Need any input about the Aera 560/ Garmin 696 vs. the Seattle Avionics Skypad2. I have researching these quite a bit and the Skypad2 looks packed with goodies. The other item is the differential in cost of updates that Garmin has always been very high. Easily $1,000 vs $299 per year. My research would tend me toward the Skypad2 because of its versatility and quantity of accessable information. What I don't like is the fact you have to have a remote mounted weather workx box with its own power supply and a bluetooth GPS on the glareshield you have to remember to charge every 12 hours. Anyway, does anyone have real world experience with the Skypad or Skypad2. Any coments appreciated.

Comments

• I have used the Skypad for two years now and have been very happy with it. I even bought a skypad 2 after they came out as well.

I am currently selling mine on eBay: Skypad 2

If anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask, but I find that for excellent up to date plates, charts, efb it is a very stable platform. The Aera does not display any charts at all.
  • Forgot to say why I was selling it: I am no longer flying as much.