Saratoga HP Flap Motor

The flap motor on my Saratoga burned up...after extensive search, I found one place that sells the motor for around $1,400.00 and zero in stock. I'm wondering if anyone knows a place that will overhaul this motor, or has a used one for sale. Already called most of the salvage yards. Part number on the unit is 552-615.

Comments

• Check my next post.
  • Perhaps Airparts of Lockhaven might OH it?

I found 2 serviceable ones listed on this link... Good Luck!!
    http://www.controller.com/list/PartsSearch.aspx?PartNum=552-615
  • Thanks! Yeah, I tried preferred airparts of lockhaven right off the bat. I ended up getting in touch with the manufacturer and got the original part number and found that it was obsolete and got the new part number. of course, they don't sell direct and that part number on the motor was actually pipers part number for the whole actuator (That's why it was around $1400). No piper distrubutor had the motor, but the same one is used for some Cessnas...so I found one that way. Motors part number is actually C145-450 in case anyone runs into this problem.
  • What about the two used ones listed on the link in my previous post?
  • I had called them on the phone. I don't know why they said they didn't have one. By the time I got your post, I had already received the new one. I'm in the middle of putting on a reman engine and annual, so I'm sending parts out/ buying new ones left and right and doing it quickly. Wish I would have checked back to the site sooner. Thanks so much for the reply.