First Log Book Finally Finished

I finally filled up my first pilot's log. First flight on August 30, 2003 and most recent flight on July 4, 2011. It is interesting to look back and see the flights I have made. I racked up 483.5 total hours (349.4 cross country), 392 landings (some were even good, as I recall), and 84 instrument approaches (the most recent to Houston Hobby with a Southwest jet on my 6). My longest non-stop cross country flight was 4.6 hours and my longest non-stop flight before that was 3.4 hours, but it did not qualify as a cross country (I got to my destination and could not land due to weather so I returned home). I hope I have as much fun filling up my next log book as I had filling up this one.

Comments

• Congratulations, treasure the memories it contains. My first logbook is long gone. My ex-wife destroyed it and with it the notations of flying by the Mt. Rushmore Monument and flying over the U.S.S. Arizona in Pearl Harbor. She also took countless hours which can no longer be substantiated. I am now on my third log and each flight is noted with special remarks, i.e., first flight for each grandchild etc.