Buying from Wentworth Aircraft, EBAY

I would like to know what your experience has been in dealing with WENTWORTH AIRCRAFT, INC. ??? They appear to be very reputable and seem to offer a great savings on aircraft, parts and whatever you need for an airplane. Thank you, in advance !!!

Comments

• Wentworth is reputable and fair. They are not cheap, but are fair and will stand behind things that they send you.
  • Ok, have noticed quite a lot of aircraft offerings from Wentworth Aircraft, Inc., on EBAY and was curious .................... I have called them in the past for something small like a carburetor core and their prices seemed to be quite reasonable. Have you purchased an aircraft from them ? Thanks for your quick response ...................
  • Wentworth on eBay is again... fair. They put a reserve on everything so you can never steal anything. Not cheap, but fair. If I need something for an aircraft, they are a good source to just call an buy it. Again, not cheap... but fair and good quality.

I have never bought an aircraft from them, but they seem to have rebuild-able stuff for someone looking for a project.

Another very good source for used parts and avionics is ASOD (Air Salvage of Dallas). Ask for Tony.
  • Yes, I agree with flyguydon. They are a reputable company. As long as you understand you are not buying brand new stuff.
  • I Agree that Wentworth is a reputable source for aircraft parts and their prices are fair but I must say, and I'm surprised Richard did not throw this out, buying avionics from "smashed" airplanes is not your best option. From my experience, downed aircraft can often sit around and be "exposed" to the elements for some time before the salvage company takes possesion. Windsheild are often broken and panels and avionics can get more than there fair share of moisture. This is not good for avionics and can often rear it's ugly head down the road in the form of corrosion. An aircraft part can be cleaned and repainted but, avionics, not so much. I'm not suggesting that Wentworth or any salvage
    yard is suspect, only that "thumped" airplanes are not your best source for quality used avionics. Bob Hart APG-Eastern
  • Maybe I should have been more specific. I was not talking about avionics this time.
  • I bought a 530/330/340 from ASOD in 2005 for my Arrow. I had the 530 upgraded to WAAS back when that was first offered. All good... still using...
  • I am the sales and marketing director for SCS Interiors out of Duluth, MN. I visited Wentworth's headquarters back in May and took a tour. They were very hospitable and showed me their entire process at that location (they have multiple and each location is filled to the gills with inventory.) I have worked with Steve (owner) on several occasions and found him and his staff to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

I hope you all find this helpful.

Lars Jensen
    SCS Interiors