Door seals for PA 32

I need new door seals and wondering which one would be the most quiet in flight? It appears there are several manufactures and they all claim a better fit with more noise comfort. Has anyone actually tested any of the door seals or have an opinion?

Comments

• I replaced my P32R door seals with an aftermarket product and they worked pretty well. What made the biggest reduction in wind noise was replacing the rope seal on the fuselage door frame, my terminology is probably off, but if you look on the door frame you'll see what looks like a 3/8 rope wrapped in vinyl. The problem is that your's is brittle. I replaced mine by taking a 3/8 foam rope (fm Menards) and sewing it into the most plush marine vinyl I could find at JoAnn fabrics, attaching it with contact cement to the frame so I could move it around until I found the best fit, then attaching the aluminum trim strip over it and trimming off the excess with a razor blade. Wasn't to tough. you could probably use contact cement to hold the foam rope and the vinyl together and not sew it at all. If you look at your seal you'll see what I mean. good luck
  • Thank you for the reply. I think I understand, any chance you could text me a photo of the finish product?
    Or e mail. Brienattorney@aol.com or 818-903-6055
    Thanks again. DB