Electric Towbar/Tug -Tow Buddy Cordless Powerbar vs Redline Sidewinder

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the Tow Buddy Cordless Powerbar or Redline Sidewinder Power Driver both are sold by Aircraft Spruce. You can check them out with the following links Tow Buddy Redline. If anyone has used or seen both I would appreciate your input as I cannot figure out what to get. If there is something else out there in this price range that is reccomended I would consider however the robotow is not an option for me as I have an Arrow.
Thanks

Comments

• We have the V-Thrust aretugger that is powered by an electric drill. Works pretty well on our warrior with wheel pants. Need fittings to connect it to the flanges that the stock towbar would go in.
  • I would recommend Power Tow. I've had the gasoline modes 35 for over 20 yrs. The corresponding model now is the 40EZ.
    http://www.powertow.com/products.html
  • Hello I was having trouble replying but am now able to .

Tim, It doesn't look like the V-Thrust aretugger is for sale anymore.

Jim, I am interested in Battery. I see that Power Tow has a battery version. Do you know anyone that has actually used it.
  • I have used the electric Power Tow which requires cord. Worked great. All models are basically the same except for motor. I'm sure the battery version would be as reliable. The gear box and frames are the same.
    One difference I noticed with the electric v gas units is the elcetrice version is single speed, very slow. The gas version, which I have, has the ability to chg speeds.
    Good luck.
  • The Powertow website does say that on the current model the more you squeeze the faster you travel. My question now tuns to what is the difference between the Powertow ($1595) and the Tow Buddy ($1228). Both are very similar (excluding the battery not included for the Towbuddy).
  • I have a 40EZ gas version to move my Cherokee. Makes things very easy, can control the speed with hand clutch, starts 1st pull every time.
    Expensive but great tool.
  • Hi, Thanks for your post. I'm really more interested in a battery operated tug. It doesn't seem that anyone has any experience with them which is a bit suprising.
  • My dad has the power tow 12volt dc and loves it. Used it on his Mooney Ovation first and now uses it on his Mirage. The Mirage strains it a little but it does the job. Wish I had one for my Archer! Hope this helps.
  • Thanks. Do you know anyone that has used the Tow Buddy as it is very similar to the Power Tow but a few hundred dollars cheaper?
  • Sorry but I don't. I've only seen 3 tugs in my short aviation experience and they've all been the power tow electric.
  • Thanks. Hopefully somoene reading these blogs has used one because these tugs are overpriced and expensive so I don't want to make any mistakes in purchasing a bad one.
  • They are very expensive but I can tell you that the one my dad has, he's owned for over 5 years and hasn't had to do a thing to it. I would buy one but I just bought my first plane this year and have plenty of other items I've been taking care of before a tug. For now, I'm the tug. Good luck!
  • Good luck on your purchase. I've been the tug for past three years also but now I finaly got a hangar and have been breaking my back since.
  • But it doesn't look like they are selling them. At this point I am trying to figure out the difference between the Powertow and Towbuddy.