Leaking Fuel Valve Diverter PA-28R-201T

Hallo to the forum,

we're facing and AOG situation because of a leaking Fuel Valve Diverter P/N 633862.The aircraft is a Piper Turbo Arrow III (TSIO360 FB-3B engine) and the Fuel Valve Diverter which is a part of aircraft's optional priming system is found to be leaking by our mechanic.We contact VALCOR which is the engineering company producing these valves but they don't have the capability to fix our faulty valve neither overhauled it nor replace it with an overhauled one.They sell only new ones (some $2.500 and a 3 week delivery time!!!!!) and the same counts for anyone else I got in touch with, concerning our situation.
Is there anyone who knows if there is available a servicable/overhauled/good used unit out there or at least if there is a shop somewhere with the capability to repair my faulty leaking valve?
Any help will be greatly appreciated.We're pretty desperate because of this.We're already spent over $5.000 during the last month in order to repair several problems of our entire fuel injection system and now this seems to be a knock out!
I count on your help...

Nick.

Comments

• Have you checked with Wentworth to see if they have a salvage one cheaper?
  • I just sent them a request form.Let's hope they have a good one available.
    Thanks William!

Nick
  • Presuming that the diverter is part of the FI system, I can't believe that TCM pays anywhere near $2500 for it. Of course, aviation maintenance is chock full of such surprises.
  • I searched all over the world for this part but no avail yet.They only have the 28Volts unit,not the 14Volts one.The only way to get a 14 volts unit at this time is to buy a new one!
    On the other side I'm thinking if there is a possibility to completely disable/remove the optional priming sustem from my engine.Does anyone knows if something like this is really possible?Is there a kit offered from TCM in order to remove its optional priming system?I think that once something is considered as "optional" there must be a way to remove it if you want,like Piper did for its Emergency Gear Extender system.

Nick
  • Nick - I have the same issue. How did you wind up resolving the problem?