G3 Insight Engine Monitor

I have been looking at the G3 Insight Engine Monitor since it has come out and have yet to hear any feedback on its performance. Just looking to see if anyone has any advice on this Engine Monitor?? I have attached a copy of the info sheet. Any comments would be welcome before I drop $3000 plus labor costs..
Thanks,
Jason

Comments

• Hi Everyone, I am in the same boat as Jason, looking to add an Engine Monitor and really like the features the G3 advertises over the EDM 700 or and EI model. Any updated feedback on anyone using the G3 or any of the G series? Jason, any update on your decision?

Rob
  • Guys:
    I have no experience with the G3 system. I definitely reads like a great monitor. My number one question? How old are you? I'm 65 and there's no way I'd be able to read a monitor with graphics, text and numerics as small as will be presented on this screen. If I were to mount this on your windshield center post, I might be able to read it. Anywhere else, not a chance. So, if you're a 20-30 something, I'd go for it.
    VFRs, without TFRs,
    Dennis_ARR
    Warrior-1.jpg
    1978 PA28-161
    KARR – Aurora, Illinois
  • I drive a Warrior II and I bought the G3 at Oshkosh this year and installed it this fall. Found out my CHT's were way to high and immediatly replaced the baffles and plugged up every hole I could find. Temps came down to acceptable levels. I flew Orlando to/From North Alabama for Christmas and loved having the peace of mind the G3 gave me. And the added benefit of knowing my fuel flow. I was confident to fly non-stop, 4.75 hours for the first time, and only burned 30 gallons of fuel. Sort of felt like I was flying a light sport! I highly recommed the G3! Tailwinds!! - Greg