PAINT SHOPS and INTERIOR SHOPS QUESTIONS/RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE !!!

Need some recommendations on the various PAINT and INTERIOR SHOPS out there ..................... DEVINE AIRCRAFT, MENA PAINT SHOPS, SOUTHERN PAINT and INTERIOR SHOPS, MIDWEST PAINT and INTERIOR SHOPS .............................. Need your personal experiences and/or if you know someone firsthand what their experiences were and PRICES PAID ................ if possible !!! Thank-you in advance .............................. N8071W, PA28-180

Comments

• Not offering opinions, just throwing our hat into the ring. We are building the "Dream Wings" Cherokee for Pipers Magazine. The first article that specifically deals with the hands on building and some of the special things we are doing will be in the upcoming issue. I think the electronic version is due out shortly. Our company is Evolution Aerostyling, www.evolutionaerostyling.com if you want to check us out.

Thanks for your time!
  • I saw you are a, I'm assuming, FedEx pilot. Done a few airplanes for some of the pilots based at Olive Branch. Would be more than happy to give you some names to see if you know them.
  • Thanks Eric ........................ I checked out your site, very impressive !!! Yea, on the AirBus ....................... I know a few guys down there at Olive Branch, sometimes called FedEx Branch !!! Ok, if you want to PM me those guys I will check it out with them ................. Take care
  • Hi Mark: Did you ever follow up with Eric? I'm looking for a paint shop and considering his shop. Chuck
  • Hi Chuck ............... I have not made any moves yet on a paint facility for our Cherokee 180, the local one that was here near Memphis has apparently shut down, from what I have heard about two weeks ago, they were located in Covington, Tennessee. Not sure why. They had quoted me on the phone about $8000 to do a Cherokee 180, that seems to be about the average price of the places I have called. There is a guy over in SELMER, TENNESSEE that does airplane paint and interiors, he seems to be very knowledgeable about the business. If you find anything interesting, send me a pm ! Happy Holidays, Mark
  • Mark:
    Thanks for the info. Happy Hloidays to you and your family. Chuck
  • Chuck,
    Just happened to be online and saw your post. I'll be more than happy to answer any question you might have either online or by phone, your preference.

Thanks,
    Eric
  • You may want to consider BOSS Aviation in Salisbury, NC. Based at KRUQ. They did the paint on the AOPA crossover Classic this last year.

Sean Malone
    PA-28-235
    N8527N
  • Erik: Thanks for your thoughts. I found a company in Michigan ( Phoenix Aviation) that is preparing a quote. I was impressed with your credentials but would rather remain in Michigan. Thanks again. Chuck
  • Chuck, it's a good thing that you didn't go with Evolution Aerostyling. They have had my plane for 14 months tomorrow and not only haven't finished it but will not return my phone calls or e-mails. It turns out that there are at least 4 airplanes disassembled in his shop that he just stopped working on. I will continue to spread the word because I heard that some other poor soul dropped his plane off there just yesterday! Brian N9181W
  • Mark, I know this is getting out there late but Eric never finished my plane. I am the owner of N9181W and was awarded the "Dream Wings" prize...well, sort of. As of tomorrow, Eric has had my plane for 14 months. I wasn't too disappointed when it wasn't at Oshkosh last year because I know how things come up and such but, after it wasn't ready for Oshkosh this year either, I started checking up on Evolution Aerostyling. I found a site called "pissedconsumer.com" and found two people who paid down payments and their planes went 9 months without being completed. So I tried to call and e-mail Eric but now he just ignores me. I hired an attorney through AOPA legal who went to visit Eric last month. Eric told him some song and dance about the weather being too crappy to paint and it being too hard to find workers. Then he guaranteed that the plane would be finished in 4-6 weeks. It has been 7 weeks today and now I am going to have to pay the attorney to reposses the aircraft and have another company put it together. At first, I felt a bit guilty since I was the recepiant of a contest but now I'm not so grateful since it will probably cost me more to get the plane back in flying condition than if I would have paid someone closer to me to paint it. I also contacted someone else who gave Eric $1000 over a year to hold a spot to get his 210 repainted. Eric hasn't called him either. Another guy with an A36 Bonanza gave Eric $16K up front and his plane is in the same disassembled state that my plane is in. In short, I would stay away from Evolution Aerostyling and tell everyone that you come in contact the same. Brian N9181W
  • Hey Brian ............. Sounds like a bad experience, sorry to hear this. Paint jobs are pricey now a days, if you want a good paint job. I do not know anything about EvolutionAeroStyling and the owner had contacted me here on this site at some point, I cannot say anything bad or good about this guy but from what you are telling the rest of us here, sounds like some serious issues going on with that paint facility .................. I will not patronize anyone that has a bad reputation out there, and word of mouth is really the fastest and most effective P.R. that exists, hands down. I hope you can recover your aircraft. Did you sign a contract with the paint shop when they took your aircraft or did you just hand them the airplane with a verbal agreement ? I will not do business with ANYONE unless a written contract is in force and my attorney has approved it, too bad but you have to cover your SIX these days with all this bad stuff going around. Please keep us posted here as to what is happening with your airplane ................. I believe your airplane is a PA28-235 ? It remember reading about it somewhere ................... Best regards, Mark Casillas, N8071W, MEMPHIS,TENNESSEE
  • Hi Mark,

I actually did have a contract and everything seemed to be above board. I really didn't think anything bad would have come of the situation since the Piper Owner Society was sponsoring the contest. I have hired an attorney in Midland who told me that I would spend thousands of dollars to sue and would get the judgement but since Evolution Aerostyling really doesn't own anything, I wouldn't ever actually collect any money. My best bet is to have my attorney repo the plane and all of the other things that I supplied (speed mods, windows etc.) and have someone else finish the project. Now I'm going to have to pay an attorney, pay for another paint and interior shop just to put the plane back together and then hopefully get a ferry permit to get the plane back here. I should have never entered that contest! Anyway, thanks for the response and have a great day! Brian N9181W
  • I just picked up my plane from BOSS Aviation in Salisbury NC. Wow! A lot of attention to detail.
  • Hi Kent ! Can you either PM me or share with us what it cost to do your airplane paint job ? I am still looking to get ours painted .............. Thank you !!!