Picking up a 86 Malibu in South Africa, looking for some real life #'s

Hi All!
New to the group, and any advise will be greatly appreciated! I recently purchased a 1986 Malibu with the TSIO-520BE located in South Africa. I am heading down to pick her up for the VERY long ferry back to Utah. I am looking for some real life performance numbers including speed, fuel burn (climb, cruise, and decent), recommended power settings, range, landing technics, and anything else you think I should know. I have never flown a 46, but owned a Turbo Saratoga for a few years and loved it!

Also, if any of you have flown through Africa, any advice will be greatly appreciated as well. I am planning on going up the East side and try and hit Dubai for the Air Show.

Safe flying to all!
Cheers,

Cory Bengtzen
801-860-9762
www.cbaviation.com

Comments

• Cory
    I flew my Turbo Arrow from Fort lauderdale to Argentina. If you need a companion to assist you with coffee and some navigation will be happy to do it jejeje!
    Enjoy that wonderful trip!
  • Definitely do some homework on the international requirements of the countries you will overfly, keeping in mind that any of them could be a stop. I believe AOPA has some top-level guidance. Don't overlook the US State Dept either.

I think Bill Cox has a series of articles on long haul flying, including some Africa trips.