Some Griping about equipment...

Ok, now that I'm on my soapbox....

WHY do people selling aircraft insist on putting LORAN on the equipment list?

It is not a "feature" and can actually cost money to have this boat anchor removed.

Whew.....I feel so much better now ;)

Comments

• Could be if someone sees it has/had a Loran installed, it would indicate it is already wired for a plug in replacement GPS unit.
  • On a related note - I get annoyed when people spell hangar wrong when used in the aviation context....

Hanger - you hang an item of clothing on.
    Hangar - you house a an aircraft inside.

(Funny:)As for the LORAN information - alas, you can't realistically simply slide in a GPS replacement without changing the antenna, then considering replacing the coaxial cable to meet receive sensitivity requirements, oh - and this assumes that the GPS intended to be slid in place of the old LORAN still has database updates available, then you find that the GPS needs an annunciation panel and it needs to be wired to a CDI... so long LORAN. It worked well, though, technology has advanced since WW2....anyone want to talk about a DECCA system that they had installed in their (European) aircraft?.......!! It's a bit similar to when I bought my plane, the owner was proud to mention that the plane had not one but two 360 channel com radios....