Pre Buy for Michigan Cherokee 6

I am considering purchasing a Cherokee 6 located in Michigan. Can anyone recommend a good Michigan Pre Buy Inspector?
Also, any recommendations for Paint Shops located in Michigan, Northern Ohio, or Northern Indiana? Seems as though the standard quote is $15,000 floor with additions being extra. Does this seem to be an accurate price? Does anyone know of a checklist identifying issues to consider when having your plane painted?
Lastly, the plane needs an interior. Plane payload is an issue for me. Are there new materials available to use when replacing the interior that can save weight? Any Interior shop recommendations for the same area?
Thanks. Chuck

Comments

• Bartelt Aviation in Sturgis, MI knows more about PA32's than anyone else in the world.

http://www.barteltaviation.com/
  • JoeB Thanks for the info. I sent an email to Bartelt. Chuck
  • Just for future reference, I researched Pre Buy Inspectors in Michigan. One name thet repeatedly came up was John Solo out of Ann Arbor. He was highly recommended by appraisers and other mechanics. After contacting him he scheduled a Pre Buy THE NEXT DAY. If I ahve any complaints I will post them. Chuck
  • I highly recommend Dial Eastern for painting. They are located in South Central Ohio.
    They and Sturgis are the only paint shops that made Aviation Consumers top 17 paint shops that are located in Ohio, or Mi..

They painted my Seneca II 9-10 years ago and it looks great.
    Dial Eastern Link

Have Air Mod do the interior
    Likely use cloth instead of leather for weight saving.

Also since we have the same fuselage, if you don't need six seats - remove the ones that you don't use to save some weight.
    I mostly fly with 4 seats and LOTS of room.!!!

Lastly I've heard that planes are like people.... they seem to get fatter with age.
    Soooo if you get your aircraft weighed you may find that you've lost useful load vs. the current W&B...
  • John Bartelt will recommend Sturgis Aviation for paint. Danny King is the owner. I was completely satisfied with their service and quality of work on my Saratoga 2 years ago. 15K is about right if you want control surfaces removed, proper strip, etc.

Lon Stratton
    n7xa.com