PA-32 Door Height

I'm working on a nifty ramp system for the PA-32 and I need to know the rear door height (door frame to ground). I just measured an airplane that was missing the engine so I know it wasn't sitting level. I suppose it will depend a little on the ramp weight, tire pressure, etc. I think I'll be alright if I average a few measurements. If anyone has a moment to measure their rear door height, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks! -David

Comments

• ...when I am going to Oshkosh, and my Six is loaded with essential survival and camping gear (beer) - maybe 6" !!!
    Someone took this photo of me when I was taxiing on the grass at Oshkosh:
    http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/367582.html

The Six (fixed gear) tend to sit slightly differently compared to the retract versions (Lance and Saratoga-reatract).

I'll measure the door height for you (hopefully) tonight.
    Now I am intrigued to what your ramp system looks like!
  • 25" - hope the photo makes sense.

mini_23122011-1147_DSCN0435.jpg
  • ~26.5"
    Here's the height towards the front of the door (i.e. measured to the back of the flap)

The door ledge is ~0.5"

mini_23122011-1148_DSCN0436.jpg
  • Thanks for the measurements! I optimized the ramp for an average door height but I made sure that it works well enough for any height. Actually, I've found the door height changes a bit as I winch a 300 pound pallet up the ramp and into the airplane. I'll try to post some pictures next week.
  • Sounds interesting!
    You should try and get some measurements from owners of retractable PA-32's, since they tend to sit differently (due to their undercarriage).

Andy