Turbo Lance pre-buy in the Houston, TX area

I'm looking for a mechanic who knows the Piper Turbo Lance well. It's for a pre-buy of a 1978 Turbo Lance currently based at KDWH. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Martin

Comments

• You might consider Bob Wagstaff at K&W Aviation in La Porte (T41). There's a turbo Lance on the field that I know he maintains. He's been my mechanic for several years and is an honest and reputable guy. (281) 471-1187

His typical pre-buy inspection will focus heavily on the paperwork. If you want the full story, you'll need to ask him to do an annual as part of the deal.
  • Martin,
    My reply isn't about a mechanic in the area, but rather just to add my 2 cent based on the previous reply. I purchased my Cherokee in the spring 2008 before the market tanked. The owner was asking top money for the aircraft but it was extremely clean and I was serious about the purchase. I made a deal with the seller that I would pay for the basic annual and he would pay for any squawks they found. The plane was as clean as it looked and he would up giving me back $200-300. Obviously, each purchase situation is unique, but I have a friend that went the prebuy route and would up replacing both the main landing gears on the first annual.
    Good luck!

Jim